2S varieties registered
Three varieties of a brand-new type developed by Biogranum called “2S” (two season cereals) have been officially registered and will soon be listed in EU catalogue.
2S cereals combine both winter and spring genetics, carefully balanced inside of a single variety.
2S cereals bring these advantages:
- can be planted from September to April next year
- re-sowing is possible in cases of damage or failure of initial crop for any reason
- rapid germination, emergence and initial growth
- balance of winter and spring genes causes extraordinary adaptability and tolerance to drought and heat stress
during both vegetative and grain filling periods
- stable grain yield over a range of different environments and years
- can successfully match the high-yielders of real winter or real spring varieties
- unprecedented technological quality of 2S wheats
(protein content has been measured up to 18 %, wet gluten up to 35 %, Falling number (HFN) and W up to 400)