Two-season varieties (2S), which combine both winter and spring genetics, carefully balanced inside of a single variety.
2S cereals bring these advantages:
- can be planted from September to April next year
- re-sowing is possible in cases of damage or failure of initial crop for any reason
- rapid germination, emergence and initial growth
- balance of winter and spring genes causes extraordinary adaptability and tolerance to drought and heat stress during both vegetative and grain filling periods
- stable grain yield over a range of different environments and years
- can successfully match the high-yielders of real winter or real spring varieties
- unprecedented technological quality of 2S wheats
(protein content has been measured up to 18 %, wet gluten up to 35 %, Falling number (HFN) and W up to 400)
planting densities of the varieties on the photographs are 25% lower than optimal,
since they are taken in the breeder seed production field.